- Written by Rev. Steve Willeford, MO District Superintendent
Psalms 57:3 … is one of 4 verses where “Selah” is in the middle of the verse;
Psalms 57:3 "He shall send from heaven, and save from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth".
That’s what we need, and what we are going to have … “SELAH” IN THE MIDDLE;
“Selah” in the midst of … a busy life, a busy week, a busy 2012, a hectic family schedule, a jammed church schedule, an overloaded work schedule...
- Young ladies - … are going to get the “rest and Peace” of “direction” and “affirmation”;
- Wives - … are going to receive the “rest” of “perfect love that casts out fear”; You are going to “rest” in God’s help and the Truth that you and your husband are going to have the “best” and “a blessed” relationship; and that you can successfully love one another, serve God and serve His Church;
- Mothers - are going to receive the “rest of Renewed Strength” to care for your family; and the “rest of Wisdom” that your children so desperately need and depend upon. You are going to be “strengthened and made steadfast spiritually and emotionally” because you are a rock and foundation for your family.
- Ladies who are Leaders and Ministers - are going to receive the “rest of the Anointing”, and the “rest of a Confidence in Him and His Call” is going to be upon you;
- Wives of Pastors, Ministers, and Leaders - you are going to receive the “fresh rest of Anointing” upon your life, and that “rest” will permeate you – but will not stop there but will “settle” over your husband and home as well.
- Elders, - you are going to receive the “rest of confirmation” … that you have not lived this truth in vain, that your usefulness is not over, and that you are pivotal and vital to the Church - and it’s younger generations.
God is going to let these truths “rest”, “settle”, “selah” … upon us right now – and throughout this conference.
Editor's Note: Missouri District Superintendent, Steve Willeford, shared this challenge and blessing with the ladies as his opening remarks at our recent Missouri District Ladies Conference.